Media Elements

@BHSAcademy:

Please wait updating feed...

Birkenhead High School Academy

BHSA is a school where every child matters, where expectations of all members of its community are high and where personal achievement and fulfillment are valued and sought after. The staff of BHSA are committed, hard working and inspirational – students will get the very best if they come to us, but in return we expect our students to be committed and hardworking. Homework is set routinely, students are expected to take responsibility for their learning, putting in extra time and effort to reach their potential, they are required to attend a variety of enrichment activities to ensure a rounded education, and because we are a community (well, more like a family really), students are expected to help each other out, to serve the community and to support the family through their general courtesy, acts of kindness towards others and through active citizenship.

We seek to work with you to create successful learners, confident and aspiring individuals, and responsible citizens who have an awareness of and an interest in contributing to life locally, nationally and globally. The curriculum we offer is designed not only to prepare students for all aspects of life, but it is designed to stretch them, to widen their horizons with a view to higher education.

BHSA already enjoys fantastic facilities and resources, but we are having a £12m rebuild and refurbishment which will provide the community of BHSA with all the benefits of first class facilities and resources.

BHSA is becoming a vital and effective member of the family of schools on the Wirral, enjoying partnerships with a whole range of education providers from nurseries, through primaries, secondaries, tertiaries and universities, as well as taking full advantage of links with businesses and industry locally, regionally, nationally and even globally.

We have a significant role to play in the community through our specialisms – music and maths – through our extended services, lettings and outreach work. Schools are in the prime position to serve their communities whether through access to facilities and expertise or simply the capacity to bring people together for sport, music, or drama. We hope that in addition to allowing us to educate your daughter, you will enjoy some other benefits of an association with BHSA – a flourishing Parents’ Association and wonderful facilities available for community use.

Other key information

• Age range 3 to 19
  • 845 pupils
  • Day only (no boarding)