Media Elements

@newcastlehigh:

Please wait updating feed...

Newcastle High School for Girls

Newcastle High School for Girls, a new leading independent girls’ school in the North East, formed by the merger of Central Newcastle High School GDST and Newcastle upon Tyne Church High School, opened its doors for the first time on 4th September 2014.

​The new school, based in Jesmond, educates girls aged from three to 18, combining the best of Central High and Church High to create a vibrant learning community. The range of curricular and extra-curricular opportunities offered makes it a leading choice for every girl and parent in the North East.

Newcastle High School for Girls will be the strongest in the North East, and one of the leading girls’ schools in the country.

The education of girls lies at the heart of our vision. Girls deserve the opportunity to grow as individuals, assume leadership roles, develop lasting friendships and take risks in an environment that caters for their needs. Great girls’ schools don’t reinforce stereotypes; they give girls the confidence to challenge and subvert them.

A clear purpose

Newcastle High School for Girls identifies the strengths, guides the enthusiasms and unlocks the potential of every girl:

A powerful learning environment: the focus on girls’ learning is reflected in the design of learning spaces; the use of digital technology; a challenging and rewarding curriculum; and a focus on pupils taking responsibility for their learning and having the confidence to take intellectual risks.

A safe and happy place: imbued with a culture of well-being, trust and respect for oneself and others. Academic achievement is set within the broader development of the whole person – social, cultural, spiritual and physical as well as intellectual.

An excellent preparation for the next stages of life: an all-through school, the progress made in the Junior phase is built on seamlessly in the Senior phase; while the Sixth Form provides a perfect bridge to higher study. The skills learned in school will lead to success in life and help to create the leaders of tomorrow.

Aims

Our aim is to equip girls to meet the challenges of a rapidly changing world with confidence, so Newcastle High School for Girls will develop young women who:

• Are motivated by a spirit of enquiry, exploring ideas in a generous, critical and constructive way; reflect on, communicate and defend their own views while respecting the views of others; secure in their knowledge, and don’t take anything for granted.
  • Meet new challenges with resourcefulness, creativity and resilience; are enterprising and adventurous, take the initiative and aim high; apply their knowledge and skills in unfamiliar contexts; have aptitude for, and experience of, leadership.
  • Are intrinsically motivated and independent; are aware of their impact on others; have strong moral values and act with integrity and fairness; are sensitive to and appreciate culture and community; are collaborative and supportive in team situations.
  • Participate critically, considerately and constructively in their community; value connectivity, relishing opportunities to create and share knowledge and develop new skills.

Our aspirations for the girls informs our expectations of everyone working at Newcastle High School for Girls: the design, the organisation, the approach to teaching and learning and the leadership of the school model the behaviours we aim to develop in our pupils.

Please note our Junior School is located a short distance away at Chapman House, Sandyford Park, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE2 1TA.

Other key information

• Age range 3 to 18
  • 810 pupils
  • Day only (no boarding)

National awards

Fees 2014/15

YearTermly FeeExtras included in fees
Senior £3,896.00The fees cover the regular curriculum, school books, stationery and other materials, choral music, games and swimming, careers guidance and public examination fees, but not optional extra subjects or school meals. The latter are charged separately.
Junior School £3,004.00The fees cover the regular curriculum, school books, stationery and other materials, choral music, games and swimming, careers guidance and public examination fees, but not optional extra subjects or school meals. The latter are charged separately.
Nursery £2,455.00The fees cover the regular curriculum, school books, stationery and other materials, choral music, games and swimming, careers guidance and public examination fees, but not optional extra subjects or school meals. The latter are charged separately.

We offer your daughter an outstanding education at one of the best schools in the country.