The students and staff at Sheffield High School are celebrating outstanding GCSE results with 100% of girls achieving a minimum of six GCSEs grade A*-C.
Of all the GCSE subjects taken, 68% were graded A*/A. Almost a third of the year group attained straight A*/A grades and almost half of the year group achieved at least nine A*/A grades.
Commenting on the results, Headmistress Valerie Dunsford said: “I am absolutely delighted for the girls and staff on these amazing results across such a wide range of subjects. In Chemistry, Drama, IT, Latin, PE, Further Maths, Music, RS and Spanish over 95% of the grades were A*-B, which shows the girls excelling in a very broad range of subjects.”
- Helena Anderson from Woodseats found thirteen to be her lucky number on GCSE results day. She is celebrating with thirteen A* grades. Helena, an outstanding dancer and actress has taken part in a variety of school productions alongside her studies and starred in the school production of Calamity Jane.
- Helena couldn’t sleep she was so nervous but once she’s worked out that the results really did say thirteen A* her dramatic reaction was certainly worthy of an Oscar!
- Twins Alex and Katharine Hobson from Hathersage are continuing their similarities after achieving exactly the same grades at GCSE. Both girls achieved nine A* and one A grade.
- IT star, Nayana Dasgupta from Ecclesall, who was recognised as ‘One to Watch’ at the everywoman Technology Awards earlier this year is over the moon with eleven A* grades. She is also celebrating after being awarded a prestigious Arkwright Scholarship, which is given to students who aspire to a career in engineering and related areas of technical design.
- Sisters Kate and Eleanor Hughes from Ridgeway, are also celebrating their full set of A grades. Both are keen dancers - Kate achieved all As at A-level last week and Eleanor is delighted with her ten A*/A GCSEs.
- Kate who received her straight As at A-levels last week said she had full confidence in her sister and the family are now celebrating their myriad of As and A*s. Dad, Mr Hughes couldn’t be any prouder.
- Sisters Jenna and Teresa Snook from Thurgoland, Barnsley are reveling in their haul of A grades. Jenna received straight As at A-level last week and her sister Teresa followed the family’s success story with an astounding twelve A* grades at GCSE.
- Teresa said “We’ve been waiting to celebrate since my sister got her results last week and now we really can!”
- Athletes Olivia Parkes and Gabriella Craft were runaway successes in the GCSE results with both achieving eleven A* grades. Olivia from Fulwood is the South Yorkshire Schools 3000m steeplechase champion and a cross country finalist in the English Schools championships. Gabriella from Lodge Moor excels in sprint, hurdle and high jump and is coached by Toni Minichiello, who also coaches Jessica Ennis-Hill.
- Zeba Azeem from Lodge Moor, Safa Petkar from Broomhill and Mariana Pilakoutas from Sharrow are also celebrating with eleven A* grades.
- Nayana was absolutely over the moon with her results and will now move onto Sheffield Girls’ Sixth Form to study A-level Maths, Physics and History.
- Sisters Megan and Lauren Tolley from Rotherham are celebrating their haul of A-grades at both GCSE and A-level. Lauren achieved As in Geography and ICT A-level last week and her sister Megan joined in the celebrations this week after achieving eleven A* grades at GCSE.
- Keen netballer, Connie Collery from Millhouses achieved nine A* and one A. Earlier this year, Connie was awarded the Sheffield Hallam University award for academic achievement. Connie is also a dedicated netball player and has been an outstanding volunteer assisting with coaching netball at Sheffield Girls’ and at partnership primary schools across Sheffield.
- Anna Eason from Worksop, a keen trampolinist who has represented Sheffield Girls’ in the National Schools championships is bouncing with joy at her ten A*/A grades. Anna has also been awarded the Sixth Form Art scholarship.
- Anna said “This has made my Summer, I am so happy and am really looking forward to getting started in the Sixth Form.”
- Lydia Blackburn from Bents Green is delighted with her twelve A*/A grades. Lydia is also a talented cellist and has recently achieved her Grade 8.
- Charlotte Greengrass from Bakewell, Derbyshire achieved eight A* and three A grades.
- Frances Grech from Fulwood, Yasmin Dajani from Millhouses and Megan Jones from Fulwood celebrated their A – mazing results after the friends all received a complete set of A*/A grades. This inseparable trio who have supported each other through the trial and tribulations of GCSEs unsurprisingly turned up together and were awestruck by their combined 31 A and A* grades.