You are here


The fees parents pay are a big part of ‘the GDST difference.’ They enable us to invest in facilities in our individual schools, in the outstanding teaching and non-teaching staff we employ and in infrastructure shared across our network.

In return for this significant and welcome contribution from parents we offer outstanding benefits:

  • the nation’s largest network of independent girls’ schools, with events, initiatives and prizes no other organisation can match
  • GCSE and A-Level results that are among the best in the country
  • a ‘girls first’ environment in which every pupil is actively encouraged to realise her full potential
  • an alumnae network no other school or group of schools can match in size or scope, in which past pupils offer one another practical support and advice including work experience and career opportunities

You’ll find relevant FAQs below. To find out more about fees please visit individual school pages.

Download a Direct Debit Form


Who do I contact regarding school fees?

For payment of school fees, including annual pre-payment but excluding Nursery fees, contact the fees administrator for your daughter's school. Find a school.

For enquiries relating to nursery fees, childcare vouchers and Early Years grants, contact our Fees Admin Team at

For queries relating to GDST school fee pre-payment plans (two years or more) retained deposits and staff bills, contact Ms Jacqui Ruane at 

To tell us about any changes to your email address, home addresses or telephone number, contact our Fees Admin Team at

How do you invoice for school fees?

School fees are billed on a termly basis, prior to the start of each term, in August, December and April. Your invoice will confirm the total amount due for the forthcoming term, the collection date(s) and amounts depending on the frequency of the direct debit mandate completed.

How can I pay school fees?

Our required method of payment is termly in advance by direct debit, as a concession we do offer a monthly direct debit scheme. A direct debit instruction form should be completed and returned to the Fees Department to establish the arrangement or to change Bank details for an existing direct debit. Please ensure that two clear months are given for any new instruction (although in some circumstances we can effect a change in less time).

You may also pay school fees annually in advance by cheque and should contact the Fees Department for information on this method of payment along with information on our pre-payment scheme which allows you to pay a lump sum to cover all or part of the estimated future fees for a specific period.

How does the direct debit scheme work?

For payment by termly direct debit one-third of the annual fee due will be debited to your bank account on or within the first 7 days of each term. For payment by monthly direct debit one-twelfth of the annual fee due will be debited on the 5th day of each month. If the 5th falls on a bank holiday or weekend the payment is collected on the next working day. Monthly payments commence at the beginning of the academic year in September and the last payment of the academic year is due in August.

Do I incur a charge if an item is unpaid by my bank?

You will incur an administration charge of £12.00 if your direct debit is unpaid by your Bank. The Trust will write to you to confirm that the item has not been paid. If the unpaid item is due to an error made at your Bank you should contact your Bank directly upon receipt of our letter.

Can you re-present my direct debit if it is unpaid?

We do not currently re-present an unpaid direct debit and you would therefore need to arrange to send a cheque/bankers draft for the sum in question (along with any charge incurred) to this office. Alternatively you may transfer the funds direct to the Trust Account but must ensure that your deposit quotes your child’s unique pupil reference number.

Can I pay by cheque or credit card?

Our required method of payment is direct debit, however, if a direct debit is unpaid you should send a cheque to the Fees Department at 100 Rochester Row, London, SW1P 1JP. Cheques should be made payable to The Girls’ Day School Trust. We would also ask you to note your child’s unique pupil reference identification number on the reverse of the cheque.We do not currently have the facility to accept payment by cheque, bank transfer or credit card as a regular payment option.

What is a pupil reference?

A unique pupil reference identification number is allocated to your child when they start at a Trust School; this reference will stay with them throughout their time at the school and should be quoted on all manual payments and correspondence. It would also be also useful if you could quote this reference when calling the Fees Department with any query.