The Frederica Lord University Scholarship was set up by Christopher Fildes in memory of his wife, Frederica Lord. Mr Fildes is an occasional adviser to the Trust and was for nine years a Trustee. The scholarship is tenable for three years, has an annual value of £1,000 (for a maximum of three years of the student’s time at university), and will support the holder in pursuing a recognised course of academic study (at one of the universities as specified by the founder), and in making the most of university life and contributing to it.
The terms of the Scholarship reflect the commitment of the benefactor to ensuring that the full benefit of the higher education experience remains accessible to Trust students from a range of circumstances. The funding is intended to help students benefit from the broader range of university experience – travel, societies, and other wider intellectual pursuits.
The following students have won the Frederica Lord University Scholarship:
- 2017 - Abby Thomas, Howell's School, Llandaff
- 2016 - Zahra Moallin, Putney HIgh School
- 2015 - Annabelle Minkova, Notting Hill & Ealing High School
- 2014 - Noémi Csögör, Wimbledon High School
- 2013 - Ifza Tindall, Sheffield High School
- 2012 - Frederiekje Fayd'herbe De Maudave, Croydon High School
- 2011 - Dehenna Davison, Sheffield High School
- 2010 - Daisy Gudmunsen, Nottingham Girls’ High School
If you are a student and would like more information about applying for the Frederica Lord University Scholarship or if you would like to view the eligibility list, please speak to your Head of Sixth. Application details will be sent to schools in January and the winners will be announced in May of each year.