Competitive salary plus benefits
Full time / Permanent
Required from Summer Term 2021
Bromley High School have an opportunity for an ambitious and innovative teacher to play a key role championing and developing an inspirational and innovative curriculum across all areas of the Junior School.
You will be joining at what is an exciting time in the history of the Junior School. A £6 million investment has created outstanding new learning spaces and you will have the opportunity to design and implement an inspirational 21st century primary curriculum, which explores the possibilities of these state-of-the-art facilities.
Working closely with the Head of Junior School and Junior Leadership Team to generate and deliver the academic vision and direction of the School, your key responsibilities will include:
- Translating the vision for the School into agreed objectives and operational and strategic plans
- Taking lead responsibility for policy development and implementation in the following areas: learning, teaching, curriculum and innovation
- Ensuring innovation and outstanding practice in teaching and learning
You will also line manage some teaching staff and subject coordinators and be a form teacher where appropriate and be responsible for timetabling the Junior School curriculum and overseeing the planning and effective delivery of our extra-curricular and curriculum enrichment programmes.
Substantial and successful experience of curriculum leadership, strategic planning and curriculum evaluation is essential, as is excellent knowledge and understanding of the latest developments in pedagogy, educational policy and best practice.
If you can lead by example and provide inspiration and motivation, we would be delighted to hear from you.
About Bromley High School
Bromley High School is a consistently oversubscribed, academically selective girls’ school with 900 pupils from 4-18, occupying a 25-acre parkland site in leafy Bickley, in Kent. The School enjoys an excellent reputation and in 2018 celebrated another year of outstanding academic achievement.
As part of the GDST, the UK’s leading network of independent girls’ schools, we can offer a variety of benefits, such as:
- Access to extensive professional development opportunities
- Training grants for qualifications
- Generous pension schemes
- Free life assurance benefit
- A discount of up to 50% on fees for children at GDST schools
- Interest free loans for training, computer purchase loans and travel season ticket loans
- A Cycle to Work scheme
- Competitive terms and conditions of employment
- Access to school multi-gym, swimming pool, yoga classes
For further details and to apply please visit: https://www.bromleyhigh.gdst.net/about-us/working-for-us/
Applications must be received by 8.00am on Thursday 3rd December 2020.
Interviews will take place on Wednesday 9th December 2020.
Bromley High School and the GDST are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.